Sunday, 30 August 2009

Banksy

This week I went to visit my sister and nieces in Bristol. I had a great time, and as part of the visit, we went to see the Banksy exhibition. Banksy is a British Bristol street artist who has now reached global levels of fame with his clever and witty poke at society. The only downside to his popularity was the queue to get in. 4 hours! Here are a few of my fave photos from the day :)

The queue! I have to say though that in true British spirit, no-one whinged, created a fuss or pushed in. Everyone stood patiently waiting their turn, clapped the buskers and passed newspapers and chairs to others when they were finished. The Europeans could learn a lot from our queueing etiquette!

My fave piece - loved the massive melty ice cream = yay!

Jesus and Mary with ipods!

Spotty! Hooray! This is a real Damien Hirst that Banksy has defaced/embellished!
Loved this one, funny

Genius!

Mum getting punk son ready for anarchy protest, fab!

3 comments:

  1. I love that he defaced a Damien Hirst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen the punk one before, love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You total star!!!! My folks live in Bristol and I just couldn't face the queues with the kids.My other half was 1 of the youngest graffiti artists in B so we wanted to see it but didn't get chance. Thanks to you we can see lots of good bits!!!
    Looking forward to next meet up,

    Cx

    ReplyDelete