Thursday, 6 August 2009

The Burger Rubber


I was hunting in my large desk of rubbish for some staples today when this fell out and it made me smile. This is my burger rubber. I have had this rubber since I was 8. As a child, I was (and still am!) OBSESSED with stationary and when a girl in my primary school class, Sam, offered me to swop this much coveted rubber for one of my pens, I jumped at the chance.


The day after, she decided that she wanted it back, but of course, I was in love with it and NO WAY was she having it back. I hid it down my shirt, and took it home that night. For the next week, everyone in my class fell out with me because I wouldnt swop back the rubber! I cant remember exactly what happened but I lost touch with Sam when we left primary school, but the rubber is still mine today, 23 years later! Was it worth losing my friends for a week? Of course not. Can Sam have her rubber back now?Absolutely no chance!

1 comment:

  1. It was a fair swap! Tee hee! I had lots of rubbers too, I remember a particular favourite was an ice cream cone. ;)

    ReplyDelete