Monday, 3 May 2010

If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake!

Today was a bank holiday in England, so I took a well needed day off and went for lunch with Michael in our local town. The weather was quite poor so we didnt stay out too long before picking up a few ingredients on the way home, and I baked a Sticky Stem Ginger cake with Lime Icing.
The recipe says to do lemon icing, but I like lime and think it goes well with ginger so I amended it a bit!
Here are a few pics....
                                                                   Me in mid bake!

Dry ingredients - lots of yummy ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice and stem ginger

Wet ingredients. A melting pot of golden syrup, treacle, sugar and milk. Smelt divine... wanted to drink it!

All mixed together.....mmmm smelt so nice!

Making the lime drizzle - lots of lime zest and lime juice to mix with the icing sugar

TA-DA! The finished article. Cant wait to eat a large slab with a cup of tea!

1 comment: