Thursday, 20 May 2010

New Day of the Dead circle skirt and earrings!

A few weeks ago, I commissioned a fellow crafting friend - and talented seamstress - Jen, to make me a reversable circle skirt out of some cool Alexander Henry fabric. One side to be red skull bandana fabric, one side to be Day of the Dead skull print. I went for coffee and to pick up my skirt this morning and I was so happy when I saw my fabulous skirt! Jen did such a great job. I dont know which side to wear first! Here is me in both sides of the skirt. Crappy photos I know, got to get the hang of the self timer on the camera!

And a close
up of the fabric  -
Isnt it cool?!








And side two.....


And a fabric close
up - love it!











While I was at Jen's, she was showing me some new fabric and charms that she had bought from the states, and when I saw some silver plated Day of the Dead skull charms - I just had to buy a couple from her to make myself some earrings with!

8 comments:

  1. Fab skirt....and if you slop your tea down it you can turn it around and wear the other side !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, two skirts in one (and some fluff for free, I guess)! I like especially much the Day of the Dead print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second side. What great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you like it!!! It looks great on you.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. those sugar skull earrings are badass!!! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your nice comments :) It really is a great skirt - I love it!

    ReplyDelete