Saturday, 8 May 2010

Retro hair try out!

This morning as I was scrolling through my blogroll* (A list of other blogs that a blogger might recommend by providing links to them usually in a sidebar list), I came across a pin curl up doo on The Freelancer's Fashion blog.
Seeing as im dying my hair today and it has 2 days of not being washed, I thought I would give it a go! This is due to the fact that I'm off to a rockabilly festival in two weeks and at present, can only successfully do 2 retro hairstyles - a bandana updo (easy!) and victory rolls (not so easy!). I taught myself to do victory rolls last year by watching this tutorial by Amanda Hallay of how to do '1940s hair in under 5 minutes'. I especially liked her tutorial as she has fine hair like me, and used rats to do her rolls. Something that I use or my hair falls really flat. I had to buy the rats from the USA as they don't sell them here. If you go on ebay, search for 'Foam Foundations' to find some :). I can successfully do my hair like this now, and always get compliments when I wear it like that, so they cant look too bad!
Anyway - I had a go at doing the pincurl up doo a-la Freelancers Fashion blog and this is the result.....its a little bit messy but not bad for a first go. I also usually blow roll my fringe but havent done that today!
From the front....

The top....

The side and....
The back! Like I said, bit messy to start with but will keep practising! :)

1 comment:

  1. The Amanda video was the first ever tutorial I've watched online.

    It looks nice with the rolls/pincurls with different coloured hair, the rolls get more interesting that way I think :)

    ReplyDelete