Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Easy Banana Muffins

This afternoon, I took a break from making my jewellery orders, and made some cakes. I have a friend coming round tonight and its always nice to offer home made cakes to have with a cup of tea. I also find baking relaxing - and of course you always get a reward at the end!
The recipe I used is based on a Nigella recipe, but I have tweaked it a bit to make it better (in my opinion!) I also only ever bake 'half mixture' of cakes - when there are only two of you at home, a full cake mix that makes 24 fairy cakes, or 12 muffins is just too much! Using half mixture is much healthier, and they keep fresh too.
These are the bun cases that I used - a present from my friend Jo. They are so cute!
And the finished muffins - yum yum.
Here is the recipe that I used for the cakes. Its really easy to make, and I have already done it in a 'half mixture' portion size:

Easy banana muffins - Makes 12 small ‘fairy’ cakes or 6 muffin size cakes

40g melted butter

125g self raising flour

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp mixed spice

60g caster sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp golden syrup or honey

1 ripe banana

1 medium egg

60ml milk

 

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C

2. Sift flour, cinnamon & mixed spice into a mixing bowl. Add sugar & mix well.

3. In another bowl, whisk gently the egg, vanilla extract, melted butter, milk and syrup.

4. Mash banana and stir into wet mixture.

5. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir gently. Do not over mix.

6. Set out 12 fairy cake cases, or 6 muffin cases and spoon the mixture equally into the cases.

7. Bake in centre of the oven for 18 mins until golden.

8. Remove from oven, cool and eat!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I find cooking and baking stressful. Somehow my cakes never rise enough...

    ReplyDelete