Friday, 11 June 2010

New Dolly Cool Love/Hate Tattoo patches

I have been meaning to get some new embroidery designs done for a while (I have a Janome embroidery machine), so I finally got myself in gear yesterday and drew out some of my best selling Love/Hate tattoo hearts to be made into embroidery files. Today I sewed out the designs using a bright cherry red - and I'm thrilled with the results! Here are a finished set of the patches...
I am going to put these onto some vintage bags I have been collecting (to sell on Ebay and at shows that I'm doing), and also on cardigans...like this...
Well, I had to make a cardigan for myself first, right?!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, perfect on cardigans. I've never seen anyone using an embroidery machine, is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not hard at all, you basically transfer the designs from your computer via a USB stick to the machine and switch it on! The machine was expensive though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no idea... I somehow thought it would demand loads of blood, sweat and tears :)

    ReplyDelete