Tuesday, 13 July 2010

My new (old!) 50s vanity

Today I am a very happy lady! I went to pick up my 50s vanity that I have wanted for ages - hooray :)
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been hunting for a 50s or 60s vanity, but had no luck so far. Well, on sunday when I did the car boot, I bumped into Donna who is the nice lady that I bought the Pifco Princess 50s hairdryer from. We were chatting about stuff we had bought/would like to get and I said that I wanted a vanity - she then told me that she was going to sell hers and did I want to see it? That night Donna texted me a photo of it, and it was love at first drawer!! So...Michael and I went to collect it this morning...and here it is...
I put my Pifco and lucite box purse on it straight away of course!  I just love the two tone wood, the v shaped handles, winged mirror, the angled legs and curved shelf. It is in such good condition too. A few scraches here and there - but it still looks fabulous in my opinion.
It has wings on the side...
And a lovely velvet lined jewellery drawer on the top.
I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight as I know I will want to keep looking at it :)

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous vanity. I left mine back in Finland. Or shall we say, it's waiting for me there when I return there someday (apart from my sister has it now so I'm sure I have to fight for it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's a pretty piece of furniture! Love it! Yes, black and blonde fringe rocks! I've had it for.. maybe a year? Anyways, I still love it today, and especially now with this cool haircut :) I was sooo scared of getting a fringe, but now I regret that I didn't do it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats really cool! I've never seen one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! you lucky mama.. i love never seen one like that..that is the find of all finds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats beautiful! Thats a piece that will make you feel good just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how that which you wish for often comes to you (cept for the million pound lottery win LOL).

    Great vanity.
    Have you tried instant coffee to cover any scratches? Just dilute a little in a small amoutn of water - so its thick and then rub on.

    I'm after a kidney shaped dresser for my bedroom , I keep looking but all the nice ones are miles away. Maybe I'll drop lucky like you did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats fab, i love it, big up to Donna and her store of 50's amazing paraphanalia! (not sure how to spell paraphanalia, that seems too many letters...) Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies for your nice comments...I just can't stop looking at it!
    Thanks Sharie for the coffee tip - I shall give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great vanity... I would also not stop looking at it, if I had it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats dear! :D
    It's lovely!
    Someone on Gumtree gave away one just like it a couple of months ago.

    ReplyDelete