Friday, 20 August 2010

10 things you didn't know about me

So I thought I'd do a 'ten things you didn't know about me' post....

1. My first love was Shakin Stevens! Welsh Rock n' Roll legend Shaky wowed the 80's (and little 6 year old me) with his 50s covers and double denims. Still love him now!
Swoon! ;)

2. I havent eaten meat since I was 15. I never used to really tell people because, 17 years ago if you were vegi, you got loads of stick about it. Its so much more commonplace now and whereas I used to struggle to get food in restaurants (escpecially abroad!), there are now no problems.

3. I drive a bubblegum pink car called Graham!

4. The first concert I ever went to was Guns & Roses in 1992 when I was 14. I didnt really know all that much about them, as I got the ticket last minute off a friend's brother who cancelled. Wow is all I can say. Soundgarden and Faith No More supported - I spent all the FNM set drooling at Mike Patton:
and Guns and Roses were awesome. It was a baking hot summers day, and there were lots of topless tattooed hot rock men! A real eye opener for a 14 year old!

5. I would say about 85% of  everything I own - including everything in our house - is second hand/thrifted from boot sales, flea markets, charity shops and ebay/etsy.

6. I have a degree in Product Design and Art

7. I got my first tattoo at 15 (sorry mum & dad!) In fact I had 3 by the time I was 18. I don't regret them as I loved them at the time but I've had them all covered up since. I really dont think you can make a sound judgement at 15 what tattoo you want!

8. My fave musician is Brian Setzer. Love the Stray Cats, his solo work and the Brian Setzer Orchestra. I hope to one day fly to a US city near Xmas when the BSO do their annual Chrsitmas Extravaganza tour and
see the BSO live.
 

9. My favorite colour is, and has always been bright cherry red. You may have guessed this by the amount of red things I buy and pairs of red shoes I own!

10. I am scared of cows!
I would rather take a 2 mile detour round the outside of fields than run through one with cows in it. Or sheep, or horses for that matter. All fall into the 'unpredictable large animals' catagory for me *shudder*

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha Cows ???? I can't believe my eyes !!!! Ha ha ha ha i didn't expect to read this ha ha ha ha when i scroll down and so this marvelous and gorgeous cow !!!! fantastic ! fantastic !!! ha ha ha ha ha

    Me i scared about "Clowns" but i don't take detour. They all give me the envy to boxed them =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have seen that concert with GnR, Soundgarden and FNM, oh I've been so in love with so many of the GnR's members, not to mention the still very hot Mike Patton. Aaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to find out stuff about people that's different to what we normally write in our blogs. I've been veggie since 16 too but i have a few years on you ;o) I once met a Swiss lady who had been veggie since the 40s, imagine how hard it was then! It was hard for me in the early 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the car. Exactly the one I've realistically dreamed of owning once I pass my test!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Brian Setzer too! My brother introduced me to him when I was like 15 or something. Awesome :) I was 15 too when I got my first tattoo.. a small music note on my ankle. Still have it, and I actually still like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 4 :)That concert must've been just awesome. I agree with 10! You just cannot read cows as well as, let's say dogs! I got my first 2 tattoos when I was 22 and STILL had to have the 2nd one covered as I just didn't really think it through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, i think i knew 9 out of 10, and I DEFINITELY knew number 10! moooooo
    jo
    x

    ReplyDelete