Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Fabulous bargain makeup!

I have just returned from a trip to the shopping centre, and while browsing in Superdrug, discovered their brand new make-up range, MUA - Make Up Academy,  where EVERYTHING in the range is £1. Yes, thats right - £1! Wow!
Although I am a self confessed cheapskate, I don't buy cheap make up as a rule. I like Benefit, Mac and Clinique. I have sensitive skin so I'm careful what I put on it. However, this does not apply to lipstick and nail varnish where anything goes!
Unlike normal cheapo make up - this stuff is really nicely packaged, and they have a great selection of shades across the different products. I decided to try out a lipstick - so I bought shade 1, which is a nice blue toned red.
It goes on well, and doesn't have a strong smell or 'taste' so I'm impressed so far. Its well worth a look ladies, especially if you want to try a new look out on a budget. Thumbs up Superdrug :)

6 comments:

  1. This is funny. What a coincidence! I found MUA yesterday and bought an eye-shadow just to try it. It is absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I will check this out.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent and I get 30% off! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, tried the powder and the dark brown eye dust, love it!
    I'm gonna bin my Collection 2000 crap and go for MUA from now on. :P
    Seriously, the eye dust are amazing, much easier to work with than caked eye shadow.
    Too bad that I have to travel to get it, my local Superdrug doesn't sell it. :(

    Thank you so much for blogging about this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rascal - you are welcome :) I just thought that the quality was really good for the amazingly low price and the colours were lovely. I'm always glad to share a bargain! ;D
    P.S - Think superdrug sell online too if you dont have one thats near x

    ReplyDelete