Sunday, 29 August 2010

(Free!) Product review - Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain

Yesterday I was browsing the magazines in the supermarket when I spotted that Instyle magazine were giving away a FREE full size Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain worth £9.50, with the September issue:
I had heard that it is like Benefit Benetint (which, BTW is £23.50 in the UK!!) so I thought it was well worth buying the magazine for £3.60 to get the product.  It is available in 2 shades, 01 Rose Pink (which I got) and 02 Bronze Glimmer. It works just like Benetint, where its a sheer wash of colour that you can build up, and as per the name of the product - you can use it on cheeks & lips.
So I have tried it out today as I went into Manchester to get some supplies. It goes on really well, and the colour was nice.
It was subtle, but when I put 2 layers on, it gave a really nice soft colour which stayed put all day and didnt rub off when I'd had a drink - or on my face! As with all the long last products, it does dry your lips slightly, so you can just use a regular balm on the top, or a smidge of vaseline for shine.
Overall I am very impressed and can see that I will use this product lots. I'd recomment that all you UK ladies go and grab yourself a copy of the magazine to get your freebie before they sell out! I may even go and get another one I like it that much :)

2 comments:

  1. I think I have to grab myself a copy. Thanks for the tip! I love your glasses.

    ReplyDelete