Sunday, 8 August 2010

This weeks buys

This week I have picked up some cool bits & pieces every other day or so, and decided to save them all for one blog post. In the mail:
Topshop high waisted skinny jeans with zip ankles. I won these on Ebay for £6 ($9.50) They retail for £45 ($70) and had only been worn once, so a good deal. They fit perfectly and are lovely.Very happy!
Bleyer 'Boogie Woogie' Dance Shoes. Won off ebay for £5 ($8) (rrp £39/$62). As new as they were too small for the previous owner and they never sent them back! I have bought these as I am going to be learning how to Jive very soon! Watch this space for my dancing updates.....
From the wholesalers;
Pairs of cherries! Lovely! I want to keep them all but they are for these:
To make some pretty wicker bags look even prettier. These are for the big show I'm doing :)
From the Trafford Centre (HUGE shopping centre on outskirts of Manchester):
Me modelling my new dress. This is from the diffusion line for Debenhams (UK Department store) by catwalk designer Henry Holland. I'm not into designer stuff - and I certainly can't afford it anyway - but this was on the sale rale for just £9 ($14). I dont have anything grey, or purple, but I just loved the square polka dots, peter pan collar and cut of the dress so I treated myself.
And finally, todays car booty! We actually ended up going to somewhere completely different that normal, as the field our usual boot was on was waterlogged (rubbish Brit weather strikes yet again), so we went to an inside one, which was just ok (too many market traders selling tat rather than booters), so I didnt buy anything there. We then went to another huge outdoor one that we spotted on the way home, which was
good and I got the following goodies:
 
Seagull print day dress - 50p (about 80c)
70's book on dressmaking made easy - 35p (about 50c) .
Should hopefully help me with the 60s shift dress pattern that I
am attempting to make!
 
60s duvet cover - £1 ($1.50). And bargain of the day....
60s patent leather kelly bag - 30p! (about 50c) Its in mint condition - This may be the bag that gets Pinstriped at Kustom Kultuer Blast Off!
We also went to an antiques and collectors fair this morning, which we spotted on our way home from the two car boots. There was some fabulous stuff - but at antique prices! There was a bag very similar to my 30p bargain that was £14 ($22) and bakelite spacer bangles were £28 ($45) EACH - no way!
I have been well and truly spoiled by booting and charity shopping, but its always nice to look :)

5 comments:

  1. The seagull daydress is so cute and yeah no way on the $45 bakelite spacers! Robbery! If they arent carved I can get them here for $10-20 each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Henry Holland dress - for the same reason, polkadots is soo cute! And purple is my favourite colour <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! Love the cherries! <3

    Guess what, I picked up the same seagull dress for the same sum as you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dresses are so cute and the love the cherries and bag..I found alot of great wicker bags that i want to revamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Yum! I need some of those cherries and a bag to match:)

    ReplyDelete