Sunday, 1 August 2010

Todays car booty

I was a bit apprehensive if I should set out to the car boot this morning as it had been raining overnight and I wasn't sure if it was going to be on or not. I'm glad I chanced it as it was on, and I got some goodies!
Find of the day! 60's teak chair in v. good condition - £2! This is a new friend for my 50s table and now my
new sewing chair :)
 
80s leather shoes - never worn - £1. Because I need some more red shoes (ahem!)
And a close up of the cut out detailing - little pinholes and bows!
60s belt - 50p. This was most likely off a dress - but that was nowhere to be seen!
Rememeber these? A Dymo machine! (10p for the machine and 3 full rolls of tape, bargain) 
I used to have one of these when I was a kid. Great fun typing out obsenities and sticking them on your
pencil case!
 
Like this! I actually got it so that I can type words and make resin jewellery with it, like this....

8 comments:

  1. Dymo machine! I was just thinking about one the other day when I was making fancy labels with a fancy machine at work. Remembered to making labels with exact red machine as what you found.
    You managed to find great bargains again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an up to date Dymo label maker and when I bought it I thought of those old red ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kitchen chairs look suspiciously like that!! We got the set from Matt's Grandad so they could well be similar to yours :) We have the matching table too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one of those dymos hahaha! I love that chair also, super good steal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloo a few words about my purchase from Dolly Cool on my blog now! And I love that chair and the belt, you did some cool finds there!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the latest finds! The chair is just too cool and the price is fabulous! The red shoes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dymo! That's so cool! The chair is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete