Saturday, 25 September 2010

My Saturday - Thrifting, Fabric & Pie!

This morning I got up bright and early - the sun was shining (for once!) and I was going car booting with my crafting buddy, Jen. It was quite small, but we had a good rummage and I got a fab vintage necklace for 50p;
Jen however won 'find of the day' with 2 Knight Rider annuals from 1982 for 25p each! - Don't Hassle the Hoff!
After the car boot, we went back to Jen's for a coffee, and a rummage through her fabric stash. As I've mentioned on earlier posts, Jen gets hold of really cool unusual fabrics that she sells in her online Folksy shop; Stitch Me Lane
I wanted some offcuts for a new Dolly Cool project that I'm doing....product shots to follow when I've made them..........This is what I bought;
Lots of Day of the dead, some super cute owl print, skulls, cowboy, cherry pie, polka dots and American road trip fabric - cool!
This afternoon I went to my sisters house for tea and cake. This week we had Key Lime Pie...
Which was delicious! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, David Hasselhoff. Pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric & key lime pie, it doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hasselhoff stuff is a scream! lol! The fabric is very cool! The skull print is fab! I recently found some cheap vintage fabric on Etsy. I want it but I have not thought of a proper use for it yet. I am still thinking what I can make to justify the purchase.

    Key lime pie! It looks divine! My mother-in-law is from South Florida where people often have key lime trees in their back yards. Her key lime pie is the best I ever had. It is a perfect blend of sweet and tart. Most places make it too sweet.

    The necklace is cute! And for a great price too!

    ReplyDelete