Friday, 1 October 2010

Clowning around

This week I have been away visiting family down south so apologies for lack of posts! Today I am back and doing some graphics work. I'm actually working on something with Clowns on it. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not overly keen on clowns! My toddler nieces love a programme at the moment called Something Special, featuring the clown, Mr Tumble.
Looks harmless enough eh? But it gives me the creeps! This is probably due to the fact that I watched horrible films as a teenager with sinister clowns such as:
The delightful Pennywise from Stephen Kings IT. I watched this when I was about 13 at a friends sleepover along with most of the Freddy films back to back - bad idea! I had nightmares for a week!
                     Clown from Poltergiest. Laughs then grabs you from under the bed - arrrgghhhh!

Captain Spaulding from the Rob Zombie Films...yuk!
I also really dont like ventriloquist dummies either....
I think it is the fixed face thing that freaks me out..I suppose its the same with the clowns!
This "lovely" photo was from a ventriloquist dummies for sale site....hmmm no thanks...
And another scary thing like this is those Zoltar fortune machines you get at the seaside, or the laughing policemen. Fun? NO - SCARY AND HORRIBLE!

So as a result of my work today I will probably be having nightmares later on!

7 comments:

  1. oh god you have placed all my fears in one post lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clowns are freaky. I, too, remembered that IT movie. Not fun! Also, that stupid Chuckie doll movie was the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like ventriloquist dummies, they scare the bejesus out of me. You know what scares me more though, dolls, YEP dolls, I know that's weird, but I hate dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, my daughter likes Mr Tumble, it's actually a very sweet programme. I'm with you on the ventriloquist dummies though, scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say Mr Tumble concerns me the most out of that bunch!

    ReplyDelete