Saturday, 9 October 2010

Day of The Dead Rings

I've been busy in the Dolly Cool studios (ok, my kitchen table!) this week making some new goodies for my website. The things I'm most happy with are the 3D Sugar Skull rings that I have made.
Being into, and designing for the alternative/rockabilly/punk market, I am often asked to draw sugar skulls and create things with them on. I love the whole history and tradition behind Día de los Muertos, celebrated on November 2nd in Mexico. What a great way to remember departed loved ones, a big carnival style party with lots of bright colours and a happy vibe!
So here they are....
New Dolly Cool Sugar Skull Rings. Clay base with sparkly swarovski crystal eyes.
All one of a kind - hand painted, varnished and finished by me :)

12 comments:

  1. Cool, those are really beautiful! I have a Mexican style skull tattooed on my leg, that I need to let grow and develop a little more. Just need the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! I also love the Day of the Dead tradition. They must have been fun to paint. But such tiny details! - I can't imagine having the patience to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! When are they going in the shop?--I went and looked but didn't see them up yet. :) (I might be a little impatient...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are fab! I love Day of the Dead skulls....when can I get one?!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly cool, Dolly! Loved the red hearted one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)
    I will be listing them soon, so will keep you posted when they go live!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neato cool! Perfect for Dia de los Muertos! I really like the white and silver one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare they are fantastic! You will have mail as soon as I figure out how to contact you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you still selling them?? Because they are very pretty =) I almost can't belive how talented you are!!! Your creations are simply amazing <3 (and i love the day of the dead... so.. perfect combo)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete