Monday, 8 November 2010

New Ink

So today I got a new tattoo! I have been wanting a heart padlock for quite some time now, so I decided that I was going to have it on the top of my back, in the centre and here it is;
              I love the result! My fabulous tattoo artist and friend Beany of Beany Tattoo did it for me.
I love tattoos - love the end result, but HATE the actual getting them. Some people like the whole experience (sadists!) but I can honestly say, that if you could get knocked out while they did it, I would be up for that! The red bit was excruciating!!  :-s
All my tattoos are pretty pictures - I dont get things that 'mean' something, or that are relevant to a certain person or thing- I just like the aesthetics. I also have my tattoos in places where they can be covered up if I want them to be - this one is done under the collar line. I love half and full sleeves, but I know that they are not for me. (Breathe sigh of relief mum & dad!!)

12 comments:

  1. i love it and no pain no gain!
    jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. BeautiFul..love how the red color stands out.. Padlocks ,great idea.i dont like too much on the sleeves either,takes away from the beauty of the tatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I'm one of those sadists and don't mind the pain but then again I watch the needle going in when I give blood too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous! I really need something new, sooon... I have actually the same thing as you, all my tattoos are placed so they can be covered up more or less easily. But I love it when they make the tattoo, I'm a sadist! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! I am tattoo free, don't object my husband has loads but me no, I think the pain would put me off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you said you don't get tattoos that mean anything. Who needs meaning when it is so pretty?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! What lovely work. I don't actually mind the tattoo pain so much I'm just impatient to see the end result. I've got a back piece design I'm working on which will need a few painkillers and cups of tea to follow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome detail! I LOVE it! The lines and colors are perfect! I miss getting tattooed. My artist was killed two years ago and before she died, I promised her that she would be the last and only artist to tattoo me. I did find my friend's tattoo teacher and friend and I think I want her to do a tattoo from one of my friend's drawings. I want it to honor my friend's life and legacy.

    Anyway, your new ink is LOVELY! Take care of it, always use sunblock (after it's fully healed), and it will last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! In a way I like having the picture done. The first minutes. Donät know about the rest really :D

    ReplyDelete