Tuesday, 28 December 2010

50s handknit jumper

A few months ago, I picked up a 50s knitting pattern from a charity shop for 10p and gave it to my sister Elaine (who is a keen knitter) to make me it as my Chrsitmas gift. I posted a photo of it a few days ago on my presents post - but laid flat you cant see how it looks so I thought I'd show you what it looks like on.
This was taken yeterday when we went round to Elaines with all my family for a meal;
Vintage pattern - 10p
Me in my jumper! High waisted Cherry Skirt from Collectif. Vintage bangles, brooch, earrings and glasses.
I really like the jumper - even though its short sleeved and 'holey' it was actually really warm. I've asked for another in red for my birthday!

11 comments:

  1. That's one fab jumper! Looking very rockin' and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darn cute! I love it! What a talented sister you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I wish I could knit, we have ours done on an industrial knitting machine - but it's a vintage one that does most of them. Just in case you're interested, did you know you can download the original 1945 knitting pattern for the "Victory Jumper" free of charge, it's on the Victoria & Albert Museum website: http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/13096-popup.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I like the victory jumper! Thanks for the link...this will keep my sister busy! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was perfect for you, Dolly! Really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jumper and you are so darn cute...love collectif..

    ReplyDelete
  7. And it is indeed really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab! Clever sister! My mum knits but I don't, I really should get round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling! Wish I knew how to knit. Maybe you can have your sister start a business for all your blogging friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely fab jumper and great to see you wearing cateye specs again that suit you very well andyrockx

    ReplyDelete