Thursday, 9 December 2010

Royal Crown Revue & Kustom Kristmas report!

Sorry been a bit slow to do my show report - just been so busy since I got back on Monday after a hectic but fantastic weekend in London!
I had planned this trip months ago, so what amazing co-incidence that the amazing Royal Crown Revue were playing in London on Saturday night with Ray Gelato at the 100 club, Woo!
I love RCR, one of my favorite swing bands, and the first time I have seen them live. They didnt't dissapoint! Even though they were the support at for Ray Gelato, they played for a good hour and 20 mins :)
So, on Sunday,  it was up and out early for the all day Kustom Kristmas show at the Horatia pub in Holloway, London.
My friend Kate (who organised it) and I were the first to arrive. It was a "delight" to see that there had been a 21st party the night before, and that they pub had not cleaned up. So we had to do it. There were stars and glitter welded to all the tables with stale, sticky booze. Nice! I set about cleaning all the tables, took me back to my youth when I used to work behind a bar when I was 18! :-S
All cleaned and re-arranged....the stall holders began to arrive and it was showtime!...
Fab hand painted Tikis, Sugar Skulls,glassware and handbags
The lovely Kessie from Lady K Loves. Kessie runs this fab repro clothing business herself. She designs all the patterns and makes most of the clothing herself...a talented lady! Check her fantastic range out here. We were sat next to each other so had a really good chat about our businesses, and an exciting Lady K Loves and Dolly Cool photo shoot for the future...watch this space!
Art Korner! Live Pinstriping by Von Leadfoot on handbags, toolboxes and baubles!
Me with all my Dolly Cool goodies!
The first band of the night to play - Dead Sails.
And I was really happy to see my friend and fellow blogger Rascal in the evening. The birthday girl had on, as always, a lovely vintage dress, and check out that fab handbag!
To say I was exhausted on the way home was an understatement! What a great weekend though, can't wait to do it all again next year :)

4 comments:

  1. Great event ! Swing, psychobilly, and full of things to buy ! Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I wish I could be there.... but I did win the top on ebay! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what a fantastic weekend. everything looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. RCR is such a great band. Eddie Nichols is a top showman :-) What a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete