Sunday, 12 December 2010

Seek and Ye shall find....my Christmas tree!

So, I'm finally feeling festive at last! The majority of my Xmas orders are made and have been posted, we cleaned the house from top to bottom and got our Christmas Tree yesterday.
We always get a real tree - I love the smell - and this year decided to get new baubles as the ones we got when we moved in 7 years ago (silver) don't really go so well with our orange and brown front room.
HOW hard was it to find orange decorations? Er, there are none! I look everywhere - even on Ebay and none were to be found. I really wanted brown and orange to match the room!!
In the end, I got some brown baubles that are different textures (some glitter, matt, shiny & ridged) and bought some orange organza ribbon from the haberdashers to make bows out of. THEN... yesterday after buying our tree, we stopped off at the hardware shop on the way home and popped into our local charity shop...and lo and behold....what was in the window? 2 sets of 6 vintage large shiny orange baubles - 50p a set, still in the boxes! Very Happy! :))) And here is my tree...
Mmm Cozy!
Close up of the tree
And our orange and brown decs. :)

4 comments: