Monday, 13 December 2010

Super Bargain Coat :D

Today I got the best bargain! I popped out to get my car headlight bulb changed this morning, and it was next door to a supermarket - so I popped in while they changed the bulb for a quick look at the coats. I have been after a new coat for a while, as I currently have a red wool one from 2 years ago that is looking a bit sorry for itself.  So, I found a black coat that I liked, and they only had a couple - one was really big and the other one in my size (hurrah!)...only problem was, the big one was immaculate, and the one I wanted was covered in coloured fluff from the other coats it was hung next too! And I mean covered! It looked a mess, but I could tell that it was just fluff - not dirt - so I took it to the counter and asked for a discount!
They scanned in the coat - it was marked at £15 on the ticket, but scanned in at £10 as it was end of line. They still gave me a discount of 20% as well - so I got a lovely new winter coat for £8 :))

When I got home, I got out the lint roller and hey presto! in 5 minutes, the coat was pristine. I'm very happy with my purchase!
Going back to the car headlight - If I had gone to Halfords (UK big chain car parts place), the bulb would have been £24.99, and they charge £10 to fit. I went to a little independent place, and my bulb was £7 fitted! It pays to shop around folks......

3 comments: