Friday, 22 April 2011

New (old!) Aurora Borealis Rhinestone Catseyes!

A few weeks ago, I spotted some lovely vintages catseye glasses on Etsy which I thought would make some great prescription sunglasses. They came yesterday and I love them so much that I am having them made into regular prescription glasses instead! Here is me wearing them;
Its lovely and sunny in the UK at the moment so I've got my Hawaiian shirt on that I got in Calella, Spain last year for €2 (£1.80/$3) and my hair in low bunch buns with a lily hair flower. You have to make the most of it when its nice here as it doesn't last long!!
And here is a close up of the specs. They are inlaid with Aurora Borealis Rhinestones, so have a bit of sparkle when they catch the light. There are a few small ones missing - but when you get stuff  thats 50-60 years old, you expect some wear and tear! It does not detract from them anyway and I love them as they are :))
These frames were just $14.99 with $5.00 international shipping, Bargain!
As with all my specs, I have sent them off to I Need Spex, who will fit my prescription into these for just £15.00. Yippee!
Hope you all have a nice sunny (hopefully where you live too!) Easter weekend.

17 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! I love your posts on spectacles. I'm on a search for my perfect catseye frames, and plan to use I Need Spex. I've been spending a fortune on glasses that I don't like for years! Thanks for all the advice! I'll let you know when I'm all spec'ed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I dont think anyone will be able to notice any stones missing. They look fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I am in need of glasses to, and a couple of nice 50´s would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those glasses look so cute on you...very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These glasses are fab. And thanks for the tip for I need spex. The weathr surely is nice at the moment (even ifI'm going to complain that is way to hot fr April)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab specs! The diamantes are so sweet. I love the idea of I need spex, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely glasses!
    What a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern on them, Dolly! Really nice bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cool! :) you suit them perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thanks for your comments gals! I really love my new specs :))

    ReplyDelete