Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Rockabilly Riot!

Last night I went to see Brian Setzer's Rockabilly Riot. Without gushing too much, he was pretty amazing! The support acts were excellent too, Vince Ray and The Boneshakers (who I really like anyway) were first up, followed by The Jim Jones Revue, who I had never seen, but will be going to see again!
Brian started off with a string of his solo material, before really rocking out the show by bringing on Slim Jim Phantom, 2 double bass players, and some honky tonk piano for some Stray Cats favourites!
I had tickets to see the Stray Cats back in 2008, when during the London show, Slim Jim fell off the stage and broke his arm, so the Manchester gig was cancelled, gutted! After seeing SJ in full action last night, I can see why.....the man has so much energy and jumps around like he is possessed! ;)
I went with my sister, Elaine and we managed to get right near the front, whoop! Here are a few pics;
See, told you I had a good view!
Super cool green glittery Gretsch
With Slim Jim
Double bass-off!
Definitely one of the best gigs I have ever been too. Mr Setzer knows how to put on a good show!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had fun, Mark didn't, the sound in Brixton was awful and the "spark" wasn't there. I saved my money for Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard the Brian Setzer Orchestra on kroq, a Los Angeles alternative rock radio station and I loved them! How cool that you got to see 'em live, I don't doubt that it was a great live show :) nice pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It looks like it was a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vince Ray rocks! I saw that 2008 London gig. I don't know whether it was that I was there with my big sis or whether Stray Cats simply are so awesome (well, I know they are) but that is probably the best gig I've ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool, looks like you were very close amor.
    Fantastic pictures, stray cats and vince ray, how awesome.

    ReplyDelete