Saturday, 20 August 2011

Gorilla Hunt!

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to all my lovely followers who left me a nice comment after my troll post :))
This week, after having a few hectic weeks, I took a few days off and went to visit family in Bristol. It was extra fun as Bristol Zoo, who are celebrating their 175th anniversary, have organised a mass public art event over the summer in the form of 'Wow! Gorillas'. 61 Fibreglass gorillas have been placed around the city, each one decorated by different local artists. You can pick up free maps and do a 'Gorilla Hunt', which we did over the two days of my visit! Here are some of them that I saw on my visit.......
'Noah' who is outside Bristol Zoo and painted with pictures of animals
Lipstick Kisses Gorilla - not its real name! ;)
Brunel Gorilla - on the end of Clifton Suspension Bridge. Named after Isambard Kingdom Brunel who designed it. (The bridge, not the Gorilla!)
Tea and homemade cake break - yum - from a deli/cafe in Clifton.
(Triple layer carrot and lemon drizzle, if you are interested!)
Me with Dee Dee the gorilla. I texted this picture to my Best Friend, as the company that she works for, sponsors Dee Dee!
Gorilla painted with harbour scenes
One of my faves - Street Art gorilla! Cool Sugar Skull detailing on its face 
And finally - this awesome Elvis gorilla! He is in the Bus Station. 
When the exhibition ends, all the gorillas will be auctioned off for gorilla conservation charities, and Bristol Children's hospital.
The exhibition runs until 7th September and is a great free and fun family activity if you are close by :)


9 comments:

  1. Have you found all of them? :D I'm doing the hunting too, but it's almost impossible to hunt all of them, cause we're doing that by foot :) But, we hunted almost all that is shown on map [only these, in whiteladies road left for us], but I think that I won't hunt those in cribs causeway and etc. :)It's really fun to do that :)
    My fav is that one near Cathedral, I really love how the face is done and Elvis - of course :D
    Glad you had a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the gorilla Elvis!! You have just made my evening :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh cool! we had these in horses for our melbourne cup carnival one year. they look so cute. and fuck the trolls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should've come for a cuppa as you were in the neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gin & Mrs M - I didn't know you were Bristol based ladies! Gin, glad you have been enjoying the Gorillas, it was really fun finding them all! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip! Its almost worth a trip to England just to see those beautiful monkeys <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The harbour one's my fave. What a fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fabuloso time amor.
    Who can not like gorillas and mmm been craving cake.
    my fave is Dia de los Muertos gorilla and Elvis.
    oh and the top hat gorilla is so English.
    your swallow bag is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to Bath for the Pigs and the Lions, it's such a fun way to see a city. I think this might just be one for the diary too

    ReplyDelete