Thursday, 25 August 2011

Vintage curtain revamp

If you are a creative person, especially one who sews, it is very likely that you will have a "projects" pile lying around somewhere. Things that will only take 10 minutes to do, but still get left lying around for months! This is very true of myself, but I finally got round to finishing one of them last night.....
Remember the vintage curtains that Rascal gave me for my birthday?
She gave them to me as she knew that they would match my front room and that they would make awesome cushion covers. They have been on the 'to do' pile for (Ahem) 5 months! 
Rascal was right anyway, they look fab, and they only took me 10 minutes each to make.
The completed cushions
And in-situ on my sofa. Very happy with them and they go nicely in a clashy-matchy way with our 50s barkcloth cushion covers that I made for our other sofa and egg chair. Just wish I'd done them sooner! :)


8 comments:

  1. They look really smart, and match *perfectly* with the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous print! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about that pile... But I will never ever get it done... :)

    Congrats to you who managed anyways! And looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pillows,love the print and they most certainly match. great job smor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I have so many unfinished projects in my house, need a bit of motivation and time :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. I'm ashamed to say I've got some 'projects' that have been waiting to be made for a few years let alone a few months!! Kaye xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely but I'm with Kaye, my projects sit around for years, I'm impressed with your months!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! The fabric looks like my new dress actually.

    ReplyDelete