Friday, 7 October 2011

Off to Narnia!

As the weather turns back to autumn again, after our random 3 day heatwave last weekend, I have been thinking about coats for winter. I always have a wool coat, usually something red or pink but this year I fancied something different. Inspired by the coat bargains that my friend Rascal has been getting on Ebay over the past few weeks, I thought I'd try my luck for a something a bit different for me....a faux fur!
Its not the first time I've had one, I had a lovely white faux fur when I was a student - my sister used to call it The Polar Bear! This time I wanted a black one. Something that I could wear with all of my many brightly patterned scarves and gloves. I searched for a while, put a few on my watch list that I liked, then waited to bid! I was very lucky that I got my first choice, and was the only bidder winning it for just £4.99. It arrived today and I'm really happy with it;
And the best bit - aside from it being just £5? It came in a dry cleaning bag - the lady had it dry cleaned at the end of last winter so its nice and fresh and good as new! It feels very warm, and quite glam for me, and I am 100% not glamorous at all! ha ha!
Narnia here I come :))

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic! It's really cute and looks warm, it'll be fun to accessorize!

    Alas, it gets far too cold here so I have to spend at least 2 months or more in an extremely un-posh modern down boring coat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bargain! I love a snuggly faux fur, they always make me feel glamorous even when I'm not in the slightest. Loving the polka dots underneath and that delicious barkcloth in the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh that coat looks so nice and warm :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh you look cosy :) I have a short leopard print one which I love - I'll be digging it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I'm another big fan of fake fur. I've had my trusty black furry winter coat for over 20 years now (C&A) and I still end up wearing most of the winter no matter what other new coat I may buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a freaking bargain,I also love fake fur.
    You rocking your furs already amor.
    besotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rascal biatch finds all kinds of tresures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh thats a beautiful coatLucky dog getting it so cheap too.I agree with dora Rascal is ebay queen.I wish so bad it would get cold enough to wear coats here.I have a lovely leopardprint faux fur coat and I never get to wear it.:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that coat it's beautiful. Very glam :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a steal on the coat!Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like one snug coat! How strange were those warm days!? This is much more like Autumn now! :) I watched Autumnwatch on bbciplayer last night and they were talking about all the benefits of that little heatwave, many butterflies got more nectar to store and the snakes can hibernate with an even more fully digested tummy! So we all enjoyed the extra sunshine! :) Zoë x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faux fur is a must on a chilly weekend...gonna dig out mine asap.

    ReplyDelete