Sunday, 9 October 2011

Vintage Fair Virgin

Today I did my first ever vintage fair! No, not going to visit one  - been to loads of course! - but I mean actually trading at one. It was a local fair, very near to where I live and I know the organisers ( I met them at my local market) and it was the first one they had organised so they asked me if I would like a pitch so I thought Why not? I roped my sister, Elaine into helping me out and I'm so glad I did it as we had a great afternoon! Here are some photos from the day;
Me with our stall. I'm wearing all vintage today (for once!) My 50s day dress dress is the one I bought in Morecambe in July from Dottys Vintage, 50s Lucite confetti cuff  - present from one of my lovely US customers, Maddie, I'm also wearing my 50s specs, and my 30s celluloid necklace and earrings - but you can see those better on the later pic of me eating cake! I took a mixture of half of my usual Dolly Cool goodies, and half was vintage stuff that I had knocking around. I buy too much so it was time to sell some off!
And my sister, Elaine - looking lovely in a scotty dog and heart print repro dress from H by Henry Holland at Debenhams. All the stuff on this half of the table are Elaine's candle creations - cupcakes, vintage tea cups and key lime pie candles. Our stall smelled lush!
And a close up! Good enough to eat!
General view of the fair, and the nice lady next to us from Elizabeth's Attic Vintage.
Lovely vintage homeware sellers. I soooo wanted most things on this stall.....we just don't have room for any large stuff however, boo!
Lunch! Yes really, this is what I had for lunch. Well, we were sat across from the cupcake stall. And you know I can't resist cake! :) 
I didn't have all 4 of course! Just the one....which was delicious.
Elaine munching her cake, and with a cake pop (ball of cake on a stick, covered in yummy chocolate and sprinkles!) that she bought for her daughter.
All in all, a great day! :)
I also met lots of lovely ladies today, one of them being a fab permanent make up artist and vintage enthusiast, Alison, who has her own blog VaVa Voom Vintage. She has also done a write up of the fair and gave me a lovely write up! Thanks Alison ♥ :)

20 comments:

  1. Great blog and I love all your fabby photos. I'm definitely bringing more dosh next time, hehe! There are so many lovely items. I got a lot for my money today so am extremely happy and can't wait for the next one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day! I love doing those markets, it's always so great to be able to chat to new people and meet other stall holders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous day, your stall looks amazing and so do you in your vintage specs :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first vintage fair.Looks like it was alot of fun.Your sisters candles look so yummy.I thought I spotted cupcakes.lol.Nothing wrong with cake for lunch.Glad it was a great day.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so adorable in your vintage day dress and oooh love your necklace.
    Lucite cuff is gorgeous, you have the best customers amor.
    Your sister is a creative mama, runs in the family.
    All her candles look so deliciously real. Can imagine, how yummy the candles smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those glasses are something else! *major jealousy*
    I was at one in Glasgow on Sunday, and it was my first vintage fair, thoroughly enjoyed it...glad you and your sister had a good time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute set up and I am in love with your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks great, I did my first vintage fair earlier in the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! Your stall looked fab (as did you, naturally).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress is so cute! And your stall was very bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for being such lovely neighbours and I did not know Elain was your sister say hi from me.
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to meet you, will look out for rolling pins and chopping boards for next time ;)Sarah VintageRetroKitsch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks super! I can't resist cake for lunch either, when it's there. Noms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look absolutely gorgeous, I bet the customers were flocking to see what you were selling!
    Your sister looks lovely, too.
    I'm glad you did well.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like so much fun! Your sister's cupcake candles are gorgeous! i would have tried to eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alison bought one of my fruit hats, didn't know she had a blog!

    Looks like a lovely day, I never manage to find out about these events - I'd probably have spent a fortune I couldn't afford if I went though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the head to toe vintage look

    ReplyDelete