Saturday, 14 January 2012

My new glasses!

Hooray! I came back from a day out in Manchester today to discover that my new (old!) 50s cats eye glasses had arrived back from the online opticians that I use - I Need Spex.
I'm very happy with them, and they were such a bargain at $20 (£13) from Etsy. The lenses were just £15 to get my prescription put in, so under £30 for some fab new glasses - what a great deal!
I can't recommend I Need Spex enough! They turn your order round in less than a week, and they are perfect every time. At just £15, you can see why this is my 8th pair that they have done for me! Here they are....
I got my star print cardigan off Ebay, and the hairclip and necklace are Dolly Cool of course! :)

15 comments:

  1. Lovely glasses and a lovely you! You have perfect skin! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm seriously excited! You look fab in them btw! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually wish I needed glasses so I cool wear some like those. My mum has been wearing cute little peacock glasses since she was 6 months old. Love them!

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful frames! Thanks for the tip on that website! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those frames really suit your face shape, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! you and the specs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Spex-and a bargain too!
    Love getting new retro specs myself too,
    Check out these one I got not too long ago
    TheEventDay.blogspot.com/2011/10/retro-vintage-eyeglasses-specs-peepers.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look perfect on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been on etsy all weekend now looking for new (old) glasses! All I need now is to find my prescription..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice glasses you got there. And thanks to this post that I'll give my aunt a new pair of glasses for her birthday, since she's having a hard time seeing things clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since when did you start patronizing their service, Dolly? I think it's good that you have an optical shop you can trust. Sorry, but did you say you have 8 pairs? Whoa. You can practically make a collection out of it! How often do you change eye prescriptions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have great style :)

    Love your blog!

    Laurie Rose xx

    mybluerinse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete