Thursday, 19 January 2012

New Tattoo!

Today I got a new tattoo! I've been planning to add to my collection for a few months but wanted to make sure I was happy with the design and placement. I design all my tattoos myself , and my lovely friend and tattoo artist, Beany inks them up for me. She does all the creative stuff with the colours and shading, so they are always a collaborative piece :) Although I don't much care for the pain aspect of getting tattooed (ouch!) I like being tattooed by Beany as we have a cuppa, and a really good chat while she works on me. Its nice to feel really relaxed and comfortable with your artist too. So, here it is....
Like with all my tattoos  - they don't really 'mean' anything. Its just a collection of the things that I like - I love old school tattoos  - hence the love letters, horseshoe and flowers, and although I'm not religious, I love sacred hearts so I wanted one of those in there too, so I designed this piece with all that in mind.
I also did the design to slot in around my other work and kept the colours the same so it all ties in!
And here it is with my other work - do you like my new spotty shower curtain? ;)

22 comments:

  1. Oh, i love all your tattoos and this one is not the exception. Great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the heart shaped petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tattoo! The little sacred heart in the middle of the horse shoe was a nice touch! The little love letters are so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I admire your bravery. What a great way to display your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning! Makes me wanna ho and get inked bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, suits you very well! Too bad I only have one arm nowadays.. (that's Jennifer talking, wait for it) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! sooo colorful! I hope to get more tattoos soon..they're such a fun experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! Love it! ... and the shower curtain too :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo!! Isn't it pretty?!! I especially love the love letters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The colors are so vibrant! But isn't it amazing how addictive tattoos are?! You get one, and then your stuck in it... ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all kind ladies ♥ I'm so happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so so hot and sexy and bright and you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the vibrancy! I'd love to get a tattoo but I just know once I started I'd end up covered in them! So I just admire those of others haha xxx


    Maisyetc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bright bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning. I love it...it's so bold.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a question for you regarding your blog. Please contact me when you get a chance.

    Thanks!

    Jackie
    jclarkmca@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cool! Love it!

    (PS Don't know if you saw it or not, but I closed my blog, at least for now, lack of inspiration and motivation struck. Might be opened again later, though, one never knows)...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Tats are stunning! I really like them. If I was braver and bolder, and willing to go against my religion, lol... well I would be covered I am sure. I think there is something so beautiful about Tattoo Art, and it really shows a willingness to commit to something in life, anything... when you do something so permanent. I am totally fan-girl on your Tats Clare! :)

    ~ Ketsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for your lovely comments! I really do love my new tattoo but thankful it has nearly healed as it has been driving me INSANE this week itching!! :o
    Jackie - you can msg me on info@dollycool.co.uk with any questions :)
    Ina - Yes I did notice your blog had closed, sorry to see you go and hope to see you back soon :)x

    ReplyDelete