Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Vintage Network meeting number 2!

No, I haven't fallen off the earth! I'm super busy at the moment getting ready for a Tattoo Convention that I'm trading at this weekend, and have lots of lovely orders to get ready too - so that's where I've been! I did manage to sneak out for a few hours last night though to go to the 2nd North West Vintage Network Meeting, as organised by Kitty Wink Vintage.
It was held at the impressive showroom of Rose & Lee Vintage, which is in a suburb of Manchester called Radcliffe. There was tea served in mis-matched china cups and saucers and lots of home made delicious nibbles including mini chocolate cupcakes, mini scones with clotted cream and jam, and fudge brownies. I sampled them all of course, as you know I love a bit of tea and cake!
Event organiser, Alice, had a great idea that we could do a 'speed-dating' type thing to break the ice, and have a chance to meet everyone in the room with just a 2 minute window to find out as much information about each other as possible, and exchange business cards! The time flew by, and by the end of the meet up everyone had met everyone else and had a fist full of business cards and inspiration to send them on their way home! A really nice night! Here are some photos....
Outfit: Blouse with sewing related all over print, Limb Clothing.
Cashmere Cardigan, Sainsburys (UK Supermarket chain!)
High waist Jeans - Lady K Loves
Vintage 'C' Initial pin and Cats Eye Glasses, both Etsy
All other jewellery and accessories - Dolly Cool 
Networking!
View of some of the antiques in the Rose & Lee vintage showroom
Retro cards, candles, soaps, trinkets and homewares for sale
Here I am enjoying my third brew of the evening with Rachael from Marry Me Ink - a fab blog about the tattooed and alternative bride!
More Networking!
Some of the ladies having a look at the dresses and accessories on offer in the showroom
And I loved this screen in the corner! Vintage advert and magazine decoupage at its best
And organiser, Alice from Kitty Wink Vintage wearing the facinator that she made last weekend at one of Betty Bee's weekend pamper and craft sessions.
As previously mentioned, this weekend I will be trading all weekend at the Manchester Tattoo Tea Party convention. If you are coming down, please swing by the Dolly Cool stand and say hello :)

8 comments:

  1. I really need to get myself to one of these North West Vintage Network Meet Ups! I always just miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun - and love that screen - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks like so much fun...getting all hopped up on caffeine and taking about vintage is my idea of a good time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I'm not sure I could have concentrated on chatting to people I would have had to look at everything there! That does look like fun though and what a great idea, speed dating type networking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That screen's fabulous, I've got one covered in Victorian scarps, it would look a whole lot better if I did that to it.
    You look fantastic in your jeans. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blast I agree with Vix I adore that screen. Good luck at the convention, wish I could come by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun.I am eyeballing at all the antique furniture.ooooh all those tea cups.You look so cute.Love your fringe.xx

    ReplyDelete