Thursday, 15 March 2012

Photoshoot with Alt Studio, featuring, er me!

Last week I was offered an amazing opportunity - to have a makeover and photoshoot at a new studio in the heart of Manchester's arts quarter (The Northern Quarter) - Alt Studio. I must admit, I did um and ah if I was going to do it, as I am a bit shy really and didn't want to appear as if I thought I was a model (Which I don't!) or that I'm full of myself (which I'm not!). It was Michael in the end who said - Why not? What have you got to lose? Do it for you - it will be fun. And so I though, well why not? and so decided to do it!
I was asked to bring 2 outfits of my own choice, and think about what kind of look I wanted the photos to have. I chose my two favourite outfits - which I feel nice in, and I know that fit me properly and I feel comfortable in, a Hawaiian Dress (vintage 80's), and a nautical outfit (Skirt - made from an 80's sailor dress that I cut up, and vest from UK Independent label; Old Skull 4Eva). I said I wanted the photos to be 'Happy, Smiley, Fun' and definitely NOT 'Pouty/Vampy/Tarty'!!!
I really enjoyed having my hair and make-up done by a professional - Nikki Armstrong. Nikki was lovely and did my hair in heated rollers, and gave me a fully made up face, including false corner lashes. I then got ready and off we went! Simon - owner at Alt Studio - was really easy to get on with, I felt really comfortable working with him and he totally directed me ( as I didn't have a clue!) into what would look best pose wise, without making me feel silly! He was very professional and great at what he does and the 2 hours flew by!
And without further ado......here are some of the pics....


Pulp Fiction pose...he he!

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Alt Studio and would recommend anyone else to give it a go! Simon is offering, for a limited time only, a number of free makeovers and photoshoots and you can contact him through his website here, and on the Alt Studio Facebook here.

29 comments:

  1. Loving the first and last ones :) LOVING !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look utterly gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermosa Clarita!
    Your a natural amor.
    I love the poses,your cute outfit.
    first photo is beyond stunning.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful! The hair and makeup is PERFECT! I love the cheeky innocence of these images and particularly like the pulp pose and the last one in black and white is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you so beautiful. Nice work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never realised until I saw that pic how much you actually do look like Uma Thurman! I love them all, you look great. The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dolly. You look stunning in these photos. Considered modelling?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazingly fabulous photos! You do look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What adorable photos! So YOU. And so stunning yet cute. Love love love em!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab photos, all very different and you look stunning in every one of them. Kaye xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! OMG what fun, good for you for giving it a go you look gorgeous! I am loving your ink in them but that last B&W is pretty bad ass honey!
    XOXOX~
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw these are such nice photos, I especially love the first one!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want to shout out WOW, Clare! You look awesome :) Such good fun to do a pro photoshoot :) Must try to do that when I get my body back, haha..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the last picture the best. What fantastic pictures. I wish I lived in Manchester now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah you look soooo lovely! Great shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing pictures :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your style is so cute and funky! Love the rockabilly pinup vibe! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some great pics! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing!! Beautiful shoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How freaking cool! A free photo shoot? You look awesome. Wish I could go, I need a new look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful!!, I love your photos and your blog!! ♥

    ReplyDelete