Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Tattoo Tea Party!

This weekend I traded at my first ever tattoo convention - The Tattoo Tea Party in Manchester.
I had an absolute ball! It was such a great show! It was very well organised, I did really well on the stall, met lots of lovely customers old and new and got some great feedback. I came home on Sunday night shattered, but elated :)
Here area few pictures from the weekend;
My Saturday helper - my sister Elaine, indulging in a bit of Rock n' Roll Knitting behind the stand!!
My Sunday helper (pictured here with the Dolly Cool Stall) was the lovely Kally from Kalandra Jane Designs. Not only does Kally make amazing hats and facinators, but she also collects and blogs about all things vintage, so if you don't already follow her blog, check it out and follow her here
And some general shots in and around the show
Lovely carousel - shame not many people went on it!
A few more shots of the halls
Artists at work!
There was a prize for the best dressed tattoo stand. I liked this boudoir style one! Not sure who won it, but the prize was really good ( I think a free booth at 3 more events!) so I was surprised that not more people made an effort with their stands!
And me showing off my 1/4 sleeve with the lady who created it - My lovely tattooist, Beany!
I am of course dripping in my own Dolly Cool jewellery and accessories, and wearing a high waisted skirt from Collectif.
All in all, a really great show. I will definitely be back again next year :)

8 comments:

  1. You look great in the bottom pic! Looks like a great weekend.

    Think our vendor belts are made in same fabric! Great taste :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased you had a great show, always feels so good when that happens doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased it went well for you! I love your tattoo and that must be the prettiest tattoo artist I've ever seen. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great fun!
    your rose tatt is amazing. such a young tattoo artist.
    besios

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tattoo Teaparty - what a fantastic event name. You look so gorgeous in that last pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you love what you do, it's so awesome to see! Probably why I love supporting ya hehe..just got my leopard hair tie ordered (finally!), woot woot!!

    Oh, and I think you'll be glad to know I rode a carousel at the local retro arcade a while back, I want more people to ride them too, they're old school fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fab time...I love tattoo conventions especially when they are as well organised as this one looks. I'm pleased it went well for you and here's to more. I'd have been on the carousel all day!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm I would have ridden the hell outta that carousel. Looks like a great event. You get around lady. I admire your hustle.

    ReplyDelete