Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Feeling down in the mouth....and some 60s charity cheer!

Since my last post, I have been feeling considerably "down in the mouth"....due to the hideousness that is wisdom tooth pain! Anyone who has ever had it will know how very painful it is, and I have had a week of mouth hell! I'm on antibiotics and painkillers now so it is getting better thankfully - but have felt like doing little, let alone blog posting in the mean time! 
Bad Tooth earring - by me :)
Anyway...enough moaning and onto other things! 
Thank you to everyone who left me a nice comment on my last post about the dress I made. I have worn it three times since I made it, and was complimented each time! I felt proud to say "I made this"!
Exciting news is that since last week, I have made myself a high waist skirt from the 1959 skirt pattern that I had, in some really cool Day of the Dead print fabric. I love it and I'm hoping to get photos and post about it later in the week so watch this space :)
Popped into the local charity shop while stocking up on postage supplies earlier...not had any good finds for AGES (the car boot sales have started here 3 weeks ago, but have been cancelled 2 weekends in a row so far due to really poor weather!) but was very pleased to find some 60s scales and bowls to add to our collection;
60s Salter Scales - £1
In my favourite vintage homeware shade of electric orange!
And 4 Pyrex snowflake pattern bowls - just 20p each! 
And a close up on the pattern
Very happy to find these - I don't often find bowls on my vintage crockery hunts! :))

11 comments:

  1. oh boo, I sympathise hugely on the tooth pain. Will you have to have them removed or are they just coming through? I have so much more sympathy with teething babies after my wisdom teeth, no wonder the poor things scream with that pain all over their mouths!
    I love the bad tooth earring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute finds.
    My wisdom teeth came in when I was in my early teens. They didn't really bother me but my dentist said I had dwarf wisdom teeth so that helped. I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple years ago and it was relatively painless. I didn't even used the pills they gave me for the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nasty! Hope you're feeling better. I love the earring.Great finds and I can't wait to see your skirt.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I feel your pain! Mine were making their presence known (in a very painful way) a year ago or so. I'm veeery afraid to go to the dentist, but thankfully the pain stopped. I hope you feel better soon! :)
    And I can't wait to see the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eek! Feel better soon - I love those electric orange scales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes...I definitely know what you're going through!! Mine used to flare up periodically and the ache was killer. Finally I had them removed, which was a breeze! Looking at my handsome young dentist wasn't painful either ;-)
    Can't wait to see pix of the skirt!
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eat lots of ice cream:) I do hope you are feeling better, that ear ring is hilarious! I can't wait to see the skirt and I adore the sweet snowflakes on these plates.
    Xxoo
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lack of car boots is annoying.

    We're in the dumps too: I have sciatica AND a few other bits and pieces aching me & himself has wisdom tooth pain. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor love, there's nothing worse than tooth pain, is there? Have you tried rubbing clove oil on it? That helps to numb it.
    Loving those Salter scales and your handmade dress. That earring is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love those pyrex dishes and such a bargain at that price!! I ended up in A&E when my wisdom tooth got infected-never been in so much pain ever!! Hope you're well soon. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooo Pyrex dishes and salter scales!
    What bargains amor.
    Wisdom tooth pain is the worst.I do hope you are feeling better now.
    besos

    ReplyDelete