Monday, 14 May 2012

This weekends vintage/flea/car booty finds!

Finally some nice weather in the UK! Well, nice for us anyway - sunny, dry and that means that the car boots are ON! :)
I was very happy as I have not got anything really special for quite a while now, and I did this weekend....here are my finds!
Find of the weekend! 50s cat vase - 20p! Yes really. It was filthy, and was in two pieces in the bottom of a box as its head had snapped off. All it took was a gentle wash, some superglue and a scrap of ribbon and it looks nearly good as new. We've called her Jess!
She fits right in with all our other retro nik naks :)
Popped into a vintage fair on Saturday and got these fab 'American Optical' cats eye frames for £10. They are being sent off to be re-glazed with my prescription (normal lenses - not pink ones!) this week.
Vintage drinking glasses - 50p the set. Mint condition and more than one, for once!
And 3 more vintage glasses - lonely one offs as is more usual, to add to the glass orphanage! The Bamboo one is my fave.
Red Boat neck Topshop Jumper - 50p. Swallow print coat - £1. Washed and dried yesterday and ready to wear today. No head today as have a bit of a cold and look like Rudolph! 
Close up on the print and accessorised with an anchor pin I got from a thrift store in San Francisco a few years ago.
And just purchased today off Ebay - 2 metres of this deadstock barkcloth for future sewing projects....Tiki Tastic! Hope you all had a nice weekend x

17 comments:

  1. I have a cat ornament just like Jess, who's head also fell off once. I love all your finds, great items and great prices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swallow print coat, bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great items (loving Jess!) and I cannot wait to see what you come up with for the barkcloth fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jess, she looks gorgeous amongst your amazing array of vintage nik-naks! Love your tiki fabric and the mac! Hooray for car boots! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Jess too. I'm sure its the same vase. Loving the vintage glasses and glassware. Nice to see the retro nik naks now that car boot season is with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Kitty vase! I few months ago I was in whitby and 2... TWOOO charity shops had sets of those vases.. I really wanted to get one but we were out for the day and had come on the bus so I was afraid they'd get broken along the way :(

    I just adore your shelves of retro-tastic finds especially the pineapple! Greats finds! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe the coat was only £1.00 !!! Great stuff.. I love a day like that, when you feel you have really cheated the system!!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cat vase. I have a similar pair but they're not vintage. I still love them all the same. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!So many great finds!I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Jess... I have one similar in my kitchen. Top finds...I especially like the coat. £1.00? Bargain or wot?
    Excellent fabric too.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the glasses & the amazing cat vase! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love your finds! I've been hankering after one of those cat vases-they always seem quite dear in antiques shops-can't believe she was only 20p! I want to come and steal your glasses and coat-lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that black printed dress! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh some nice tasty bargains there girlie! I love the glasses, glad you have a nice orphanage for them! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You found some great stuff amor!
    I love Jess even with his depressed eyes.
    the glitter sunglasses and swallow coat is my favorites. well and the vintage drinking glasses, you have so many now.
    barkcloth fabric is gorgeous, cant wait to see what you create.
    besios

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vintage cats are at the top of my list for decor. I can't pass them up. I once passed up a 5 dollar poodle and Im still regretting it. Actually, my mom wouldnt get it for me and she had all the cash haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you saved Jess! little bit of TLC and she looks fab! great finds! x

    ReplyDelete