Friday, 8 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend Vintage at The Art Deco Midland Hotel

This weekend just gone as I'm sure you all know was the Queen's Jubilee celebration. I decided to do a vintage fair on the bank holiday Monday at the stunning Art Deco Midland Hotel in Morecambe, which is in Northern England. You can find out more about this beautifully renovated 30's hotel in an earlier blog post I did here. And so, some pics for you!
Outift - Victory Jumper from original 40s pattern (that you can download for FREE from the V&A website here), as knitted for me by my sister Elaine. Its a little bit different from the original as it has a plain sleeves and back, instead of all over pattern - which I thought was a bit busy. I also wanted mine in Black, not Royal Blue. I LOVE it! My sis is a star :)
Tried out some different hair for the show - Faux Bangs, and a 40's snood. The snood was hand crocheted by GinPoodle on Etsy (A UK Seller). Really good quality and a bargain price. 
50s specs I got from the vintage fair the other week that I had my prescription put in, Bakelite and Bamboo bangles and Dolly Cool jewellery, of course! Oh, and a Union Jack bow brooch for a nod to the Jubilee!
Inside the fair
Lots of fab vintage goodies. I was well behaved and bought nothing even though there was tons of cool stuff!
Outside the front of the hotel

Nice ride!
Sunny Morecambe seafront
And my friend Kate was there too with her 50s Ice cream van - Every Day is Like Sundae
I had a Stem Ginger cornet, yum.
And my view from the stall looking out the front of the hotel - fab!
All in all a great day, and lucky with the weather too. Always important with UK events! :)

9 comments:

  1. The jumper is on my list to knit. It looks great on you. That hotel is gorgeous. Everything looks great and like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow that hotel looks amazing! Love your jumper too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hotel, truly Art Deco at it's finest! You look so cute in your outfit, hair and glasses are awesome! I wish I could pull off that look, as I stil have my Grandma's original glasses that she has on in every picture, but I'm older and not as cute as you, so people may think I've saved them from back then! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweater your sis made you it's just beautiful! Your hair looks cool too! What a gorgeous venue for a vintage fair. That building and view are amazing. I hope you also made some $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your sis are so talented what with your dressmaking and jewellery and her knitting! I love that sweater and your hair!
    The Midland Hotel is spectacular, I remember admiring it on a BBC antiques show! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even I got jubilee fever and its all you UK bloggers faults. You make it look so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clarita,
    I adore the jumper and you look so pretty in snood and 40' bangs.
    Your sis should sell them cute sweaters.
    That place lots awesome place to go to. love your friends ice cream truck name "Everyday is like Sundae"
    Besios

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time! That bow brooch is awesome/cute, also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your jumper is gorgeous! I've downloaded the pattern but I'm a bit too 'curvy' for the size given-lol!!It looks like you had a fab weekend. x

    ReplyDelete