Thursday, 16 August 2012

A few recent buys and acquisitions!

Thought I'd update you all with a few cool things I have bought, and acquired recently. If you follow me on twitter (@dollycool) or on Instagram (@dollycooljewels) you may have seen these already but they are too nice not to share with my blog readers too! 
Bakelite Cherry dress clip, Etsy. I got this for a bargainous $25! I know cherry shaped Bakelite can go for a lot, so I was thrilled to find this very reasonably priced piece to add to my collection.
Next up was a swap that I did with the lovely Kessie from Lady K Loves. You can read about our trade here on her blog. Kessie fell in love with the pink confetti cats eye sunglasses that I had - and they look far better on her than me, and go perfectly with her pink hair! I swapped them with this gorgeous blue gingham circle skirt from her latest summer collection:
Photo kindly pinched from Lady K Loves Website :)
Next up are these FAB vintage catseye specs.....in RED POLKA DOT!!! Wow weeeeeee! Totally me, I love them. I bought these off my friend Kally, who had bought them off Etsy for herself, but felt that they were too big for her face when they arrived. Knowing my love of polka dots, I got first dibs! Yay! 
They were fitted with my prescription by the awesome I need Spex, who I use for all my glasses. At just £15 for prescription lenses to own frames, you just cant go wrong!
I also got these Spotty sunglasses with my prescription in too. A day without spots is not a good day in my opinion!
And finally, and my new favourite thing.....
My new 'Miranda' wedges from my fave shoe brand, Miss L Fire
Drool, swoon etc. I've been lusting after these for months so I knew when they went on sale they had to be mine! Glitter uppers, massive fuzzy felt effect cherries on a bow, and a comfortable height wedge - what's not to love? They also come in pink, clear and blue too.....I'd quite like them all!
Hope you are all having a good week :)

7 comments:

  1. So much fabulousness! Love both pairs of specs on you and the cherry clip, shoes and skirt are gorgeous! What a great idea to swap when things are quite right. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a red gingham skirt identical to your blue one. Its from the 70s I think, but it looks lust like that one! And of course I love the Miss L Fire wedges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely glasses! No optician would touch my 1955 specs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you interpret your style through your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Miss Clare, how do you find such amazing goodies week after week? Please send some of your shopping/thrifting karma over this way!
    Those shoes are especially great...I haven't been to the Miss L Fire website in a while, and somehow, I missed seeing this style! I'll have to go check it out now. Cause I need another pair of shoes so badly ;-)
    xox
    www.VintageAdvantage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous items for a gorgeous lady, I love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your purchases. Your style is great!!! I've nominated you on my blog with an award ;)

    ReplyDelete