Thursday, 30 August 2012

The Hotrod Hayride

Ok so its a little late, but better late than never eh?!
Here are a few pics from the awesome Hotrod Hayride - a pre '66 Kustom and Classic car and bike show that went on at the end of last month. I traded at the event with my friends Kate (Clumsy) and Nik (Pretorius Custom Instruments).
The 8th year its been going on - why have I never been before?!
All set up and ready to go in our gazebo
My stall :)

The Hotrod Hayride is held at Bisley Pavillion in Surrey, which is kind of west of London, near Ascot Racecourse. It is actually a practice shooting range, but dates back to 1889 and there are lots of quirky wooden buildings around the massive site, most of which are filled with antiques and old photos, which serve as clubhouses to Tennis and shooting clubs. Sounds bizzare .....it was (in a good way!)
Of course there were tons of cool cars to drool over..

And this car parked next to one of the old wooden buildings reminded me of the USA - this is a bit Amityville Horror don't you think?!
We actually had some lovely weather that weekend! Here I am hiding from the sun under my fancy parasol, wearing my 50p vintage fruit tablecloth skirt that I re-purposed :)
I got to hang out with my friend Kessie from Lady K Loves. Check out that fab candy floss hair!
And after dark we shut up the stall and had some drinkies! I'm with my friends Kate and Lydia :)
On Sunday, it was the boot sale - which I got up early for and sold some of my old clothes n stuff. It was lovely to meet fellow Blogger & Twitter-er, Roxie Roulette also doing the car boot! Photo pinched from Roxie, hope she doesn't mind :)
And then it was on with the Soapbox Derby,  I loved this! Anyone could enter and there was a fab array of wooden creations with pram wheels whizzing past!
This guy had 'go faster paddles' - genius!
All in all a fantastic weekend, I had a blast! Roll on next year. And this weekend its time for Kustom Kulture Blast Off in Spalding, UK. My last camping event of the year (hurrah!). 
Have a good weekend y'all!

7 comments:

  1. Hello, I loved the photos. Classic cars are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! Thanks for sharing the pix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was a wonderful event and I just love those cars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you! I look forward to seeing you again! (And of course I don't mind you pinching the photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab photos, glad you had a good time and your stall looks wonderful. I LOVE the Hayride, the atmosphere is great and everything about it is bang on. We didn't go this year, but we'll be going next time...I really missed it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your booth look so cute I'd have to buy something from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab event! You look absolutely stunning, I'd be over looking at your stall without a shadow of a doubt! x

    ReplyDelete