Wednesday, 26 September 2012

In which I have a bit of a moan!



Here is a post of sorts that I really don’t normally do….a bit of a moan! I like my blog to be a place of upbeat-ness, days out, thrifty finds and what I’ve been up to with Dolly Cool, but for my regular readers who have been with me for the last few years, you may have noticed that since last year my posts have been a few and far between……and there is of course, a reason for this….

And the reason is that we are moving house….or trying too! Last Christmas, Michael and I made a firm decision that we wanted to move. So, we started saving, and every weekend from January until April, we set about getting our house ready to sell. Car booting, days out etc. all went out the window as we de-cluttered, repainted and tided every inch of our home and garden. It was hard work! BUT worth it, as we got an offer on out house in only 9 weeks, (which with the current economic situation, is fantastic!). So far, so good.

And then…..well, the joy of the conveyancing starts and everything grinds to a halt. Without boring you all to death, we are 3 months in, with no end in sight and we have absolutely no idea when/if we will be moving at this point. It really is infuriating!!

So…this is why I haven’t been blogging much this year. 4 months of decluttering, trips to the tip/dump/recycling and tidying – how exciting! And then, we haven’t really been buying anything exciting as we want to wait until we move, and we haven’t been anywhere as we are trying to save money to move with….which all makes for a dull, boring blog!


I’ve been brought up with the saying “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all” which applies to lots of things, but for me, blogging too. I’d rather not blog much then do it half heartedly, or moan every time I do!

I know in the grand scheme of things, world troubles, economic uncertainty etc. moving house is a miniscule “problem”, but to us at present, it is making us feel crap. I think In Limbo best describes it!!


On the bright side…when/(if!) we move…the house we are buying is a renovation project and we have lots of cool things in mind, which I am excited about doing, and sharing with you on the blog. Please keep your fingers crossed for us that everything starts to progress soon!

Until then, I will leave you with the ‘someecards’ card that I made myself, and which is stuck on the bottom of my computer screen to make me laugh! 

8 comments:

  1. Hello Dolly, i'm so sorry for you, Moves house are difficult but i will do my 4th move house in 8 months at the end of the week and what i learn is "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"
    Take care of yourself lovely Dolly.
    I'm sure everything will be allright.

    Kisses.

    olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will work out, it's just a waiting game. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you, that must be so frustrating and limiting to both your lives. Fingers crossed that it suddenly speeds up and that you get into your new pad very soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    We recently moved from Accrington Lancashire, to Looe In Cornwall, and I can honestly say it was the worst time of my life,declutering the house the endless viewings and the long process of the paperwork being done.
    The plus side is where here now and I love it hang on in there it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so frustrating, there is nothing more draining than living in limbo. At least at 3 months in you should be nearer the end than the start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am sorry, it is utterly frustrating. Moving house is stressful at the best of times never mind all this on top. How wonderful will it be when you finally get there though.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Limbo sucks ass! I feel ya sister! I like a little glimpse of each other's bullshit, keeps things in perspective. Feel free to vent. I so hope you get into your house soon so you can start feeling settled again. We are going through a refi on our house as the interest rates drop so do our home values, it's all jacked up. Anyway I feel your pain.
    BIG HUG!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. AArrrgghhh, moving is always such a pain! I definitely "feel your pain" as they say...
    Just hang on & try to remember why you were moving in the first place...to get to a place you like better, right? A good sense of (morbid) humor goes a long way, too!
    As for blogging/moaning...I'm always afraid of the same thing, but then again the blog posts full of complaining always seem to get the most comments! I think we just all like to know that we're not alone with our problems, big and small.

    ReplyDelete