Monday, 22 October 2012

My Latest Vintage Finds

Thought Id share with you a few recent purchases from the local Charity shops and antiques centre that I have managed to find recently...I've had a bit of a drought with good finds this year at the car boots, but this months finds have made up for that, because its quality not quantity thats important, right? :)
Find of the month - Original 50s footstool, just £4 (about $6.50) from the antiques centre. 
It was shoved in the corner, covered in dust, dirt and cobwebs. The seller obviously bought some things as a job lot and this was in there and they want to just get rid of it! £4!! All it took was a good scrub with some hot soapy water, and a toothbrush and it has come up brilliantly! 
Also from the antiques centre, picked up these vintage leaf glasses for just 20p (about 45c) each. Bargain, and jsut goes to show that antiques centres ARE worth a look round as there are bargains to be had! Yes a lot of things are expensive and possibly overpriced, but you can still get some gems if you look hard enough! 

More vintage glasses, this time from the heart foundation - £1.49 for the pair

And these fruity beauties were 25p each from the hospice shop! 
Fab clothing find! I hardly ever find anything vintage that I like, that is my style so I was thrilled to see this 60's knit dress for £5.99 in the PDSA shop. A quick wash and dry later, and on it went with my trusty bow belt - its a black and grey checkerboard knit dress - perfect for winter!

A few days after I got my dress, it was time for the annual local beer festival, so it had its first outing for probably many years! Its very comfy, and just the right length, so I can see its going to be a staple in my wardrobe. Here I am with my friend Jo - CHEERS!


11 comments:

  1. Your new checkered frock fits ya like a glove and is so pretty with that bow belt! Score at $6 too. All those vintage glasses make everything taste better I'm sure. Cheers to hanging with friends and looking that cute doing it!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what great finds! The dress looks great on you and those glasses are way too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress fits you like a dream, you sexy mama! Love that footstool, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 60s dress find it looks fab, hopefully I can be a bit more successful like you on the charity shop hunt front! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is a super find! That dress is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What WONDERFUL finds! I especially love the Step Stool! Unfortunately I've been having great difficulty getting retro bargains here in the U.S. lately (mainly due to the popularity of Mad Men and the related Mid Century Mod craze!)- I envy you! (In the nicest possible way of course!)

    Keep up the amazing work with your blog- I hope you continue to find fabulous retro things!

    Stay Glamorous!
    xxxLottie Lee
    http://vintagewarbride.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is gorgeous. You have had some good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous finds! Especially that footstool :-)
    The dress is pretty awesome too...cute and warm and comfy all at the same time? Nirvana...
    BTW...I bought a polka dot dress at a thrift a couple day ago and I though of you! Now you own polka dots in my brain, I guess :-)

    xox
    www.VintageAdvantage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you lovely! i found you via Krista!
    Love your style, adore your hair and all your vintage finds

    I will follow you

    Ariane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. that foot stool is amazing and what a great price- I love the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete