Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Blog catch up part 1! Kustom Kulture Blast Off

Hello! Hope you all had a nice Christmas day - or just a nice day off if you don't celebrate Christmas :)
Well, We have been in our new house now for 1 month today - and what a manic month its been!
Moving house right at the end of November was really not the best time for me - as its when I'm busiest with Dolly Cool orders and design work for Too Fast.
I did *just about* manage to get everything done in time, as well as re-decorating two rooms in our house, and unpacking the gigantic mountain of boxes that came with us. Its really starting to feel like home now and I am very much looking forward to getting the renovations properly underway in the new year. I will of course be taking before and after pics for the blog, which I now have time to write again, hooray!
So, I will start where I left off in September and do a few catch up posts to bring you up to date with what I have been up too...
So, back in September was my annual trip to the Kustom Kulture Blast Off show.
I was really quite fed up at this point as things with the house move had pretty much come to a standstill. It was definitely "put a brave face on and get on with it", but I was actually really glad that I went, as well as having a good show trade wise, I had a much needed letting my hair down with my friends and show companions, Kally (from Kalandra Jane Designs), whom I shared my stand with, and Beth, who had the stand next to us with her pop up Vintage Hair and Beauty Parlour.

                                                   As always there were some cool cars....



Obligatory stall shot showing all my Dolly Cool wares!

Beth with the pop up Beauty Parlour...she even brought cool flooring!

Artists at the show decorated blank skulls and they were then sold for charity 

Apres Show! Pizza and cocktails. Lots of cocktails. Just what I needed, a good laugh in good company!

Too many cocktails + helium balloons = silly :)

On the way home, Kally and I stopped off at an OK diner for something to eat. We don't have any diners in or around Manchester where we live, so this was a novelty for us. It was yummy and cool!
And the outside!
Another post about my next show in Whitby is on the way next....

1 comment:

  1. Cool cars and I love your booth! I could drop a small fortune on your stuff, so bright! Here's to getting out and getting on even when you don't want too. You and your friends are super cute:)
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete