Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Recent buys, finds and acquisitions!

Hello from another snowy day in the UK!
I thought I would share with you some of my recent buys, finds and acquisitions. I have been getting/finding bits and pieces over the past few weeks, but only usually one at a time, so not really worthy of a blog post, so I thought I would save them up and do them as one post!
Firstly, are these lovely 60s bone china side plates, "Black Velvet" by Hostess. They were a gift from last year off my sister Jan, but as we were moving and trying to de-clutter, they were packed away safely for the new house, and were re-discovered when I unpacked them recently, yippee! I love it when you forgot you had things :)
Love the pattern on these, and will be looking out for some more!!
Next is this almost full canteen of cutlery. Probably 70s Sheffield Stainless steel - some still had plastic wrapping on. All useful stuff too, regular knives, forks, dessert and tea spoons rather than cake servers and fish knives! We got it for £5 from a local antique/junk shop.
Kittys! More for the collection. Michael says I'm turning into a crazy cat lady as we now have 4 :)
These were £3 for both from our favourite local Saturday Flea market. I like the one with the big eyes...sinister!
Also from the same flea were these 60s pyrex cooking dishes, and butter dish. We already have a larger dish with the vegetable print on, and plates with the snowflake style print. 50p each
You know I can't resist a lonely vintage glass for the orphanage! This rather snazzy 50s number was just 20p from the hospice shop
And finally, a gift from my other sister, Elaine. A 70s side plate "Roulette" by Broadstone. 50p from her local  flea market.
I'm itching for April now for the car boot season to start.....bring it on! 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely finds... my nan had that cutlery.. funny what brings back memories! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous things! I absolutely love those Black Velvet plates! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stuff! I never find such bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh pyrex. I do love a bit of nice pyrex, I do!

    ReplyDelete